John 17

1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up HIS eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify THY Son, that THY Son also may glorify THEE

2 As THOU hast given HIM power over all flesh, that HE should give eternal life to as many as THOU hast given HIM

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ, WHOM THOU hast sent. 

4 I have glorified THEE on the earth: I have finished the work which THOU gavest ME to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify THOU ME with THINE OWN SELF with the glory which I had with THEE before the world was.
 

6 I have manifested THY name unto the men which thou gavest ME out of the world: THINE they were, and THOU gavest them ME; and they have kept THY word. 

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever THOU hast given ME are of THEE. 8 For I have given unto them the words which THOU gavest ME; and they have received them, 


and have known surely that I came out from THEE

and they have believed that THOU didst send ME

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which THOU hast given ME; for they are THINE. 10 And all MINE are THINE, and THINE are MINE; and I am glorified in them.
 

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to THEE


Holy Father, keep through THINE own name those whom THOU hast given ME, that they may be one, as WE are. 

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in THY name: those that THOU gavest ME  I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 

13 And now come I to THEE; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 

14 I have given them THY word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 

15 I pray not that THOU shouldest take them out of the world, but that THOU shouldest keep them from the evil. 


16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
 

17 Sanctify them through THY truth: THY word is truth. 

18 As THOU hast sent ME into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 


19 And for their sakes I sanctify MYSELF, that they also might be sanctified through the truth
 

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on ME through their word;


21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in ME, and I in THEE, that they also may be one in US: that the world may believe that THOU hast sent ME

22 And the glory which THOU gavest ME  I have given them; that they may be one, even as WE are ONE: 23 I in them, and THOU in ME, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that THOU hast sent ME, and hast loved them, as THOU hast loved ME.
 

24 Father, I will that they also, whom THOU hast given ME, be with ME where I am; that they may behold MY glory, which THOU hast given ME: for THOU lovedst ME before the foundation of the world. 

25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known THEE: but I have known THEE, and these have known that THOU hast sent ME. 26 And I have declared unto them THY name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith THOU hast loved ME may be in them, and I in them. 



Beginning of This Chapter      

Table of Content